… Radar Roy’s website is … “packed with more information in one place than I was able to find anywhere else on the Web” – Mustang Magazine
“Radar Roy’s arsenal and experience is impressive, he is the General Schwarzkopf of radar detectors.” – Luxury Exotics Magazine
About RadarDetector.org – Radar Roy’s Official Review Site!
In 1996 I retired from the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office as a Lieutenant. During my 20 year career in law enforcement I became a certified traffic radar instructor and taught hundreds of police officers in the tactics of traffic enforcement using radar, lidar, pacing, VASCAR and other speed enforcement tools.
Because of my interest in traffic enforcement and my dislike for the new automated traffic radar devices that were popping up all over Arizona, I began using the power of the Internet to educate the motoring public about the weaknesses of the photo radar system and how to successfully challenge your citation without even going to court.
Immediately our website(s) became a popular for motorists and because of my background in radar, users began asking for information about the various speed counter-measurement tools available, such as radar detectors, radar jammers and photo radar covers.
Today I am an independent consultant for various distributors and manufactures of speed counter measurement devices, but my main focus is still providing the consumer reliable information about the various products that are offered in the speed counter measurement community.
How We Test the Products I Recommend
“I don’t recommend all radar detectors like other speed counter measurement testers do, I only recommend devices that I would personally use in my own vehicle” – Radar Roy 2010
As a certified radar detector instructor I personally test all of the products that I recommend on RadarDetector.org
The testing methods I use are as follows:
- I have my own personal arsenal of police radar guns and laser guns and a Spectre RDD which I use to test all the products reviewed on RadarDetector.org
- My home and office is located in a private gated airpark in Morristown Arizona which is located in very rural area, free from RF (radio frequency) contamination as possible. I have at my disposal a private paved airstrip that is over 2400 long to test laser performance on detectors and jammers. Also this airstrip is very useful for testing radar detector performance at close range.
- I perform “real world testing” on all the products we review on RadarDetector.org driving with the unit on cross country trips, on various vehicles including motorcycles, RV’s, commercial trucks and personal vehicles.
Therefore my tests and reviews include the following;
X-, K- and KA-Band Testing: These tests are standard in the industry, and have been used for over 25 years.
Filtering: You don’t want your radar detector going off every time neighbor uses his garage door opener.
Laser Testing: The hardest type of traffic enforcement to guard against is the laser gun, discover how to beat it!
Buyer beware: passive radar doesn’t work! : Discover why I offer a $50,000 reward to anyone that can show me a passive radar jammer that works which is marketed in the USA
Buyer beware: Why active radar jamming can send you to jail!
Radar Roy’s Badge Recommendations: I compile the results of all my testing and issue my final “Badge Ratings”.
Radar Roy in the News
Because of my expertise and experience in both law enforcement and the speed counter measurement industry, I have been interviewed and featured in a number of magazine articles, newspaper stories and television and radio interviews.
- WMJI Radio Cleveland Ohio -Interviewed live during their morning radio show to discuss photo radar
- Auto and More Magazine – Feature article about my radar detector reviews and testing reports
- Fox News Network – Fox Television Network interview about photo radar
- KPNX TV – Phoenix television news station interview about photo radar
- MSNBC Count Down – Interviewed with Keith Olberman on driving over the 4th of July and avoiding tickets
- American Iron Magazine – Harley Davidson Ultra Glide “Stealth Hog” featured in 2004 issue of American Iron Magazine
- Super Street Bike Magazine – “Beat the Heat” feature article on how I accessorized a motorcycle with radar detectors and jammers.
- UPN Network/WWOR TV – Interviewed about radar jammer scams by Rocky Mountain Radar.
- KYTV News – Interviewed about radar jammer scams by Rocky Mountain Radar.
- Your Bike Life with Shawn King – Podcast radio interview about radar detectors on motorcycles.
RadarDetector.org – Radar Roy’s Official Review Site!
Because of my notoriety in the speed counter measurement industry, there have been several manufacture and distributor websites that have improperly used my reviews to their benefit in promoting their services and or products. Therefore RadarDetector.org has been created to set the record straight to serve as my official review site of various devices such as radar detectors, radar jammers, laser jammers, stealth coatings and anti photo radar devices.
Get The Best Protective Devices! – You get the benefit of Radar Roy’s law enforcement experience when you read his reviews and shop for speed counter measurement devices at RadarDetector.org